Sunday, July 09, 2006

Its been how long??

Since I last blogged??? probably about as long since I last scrapped LOL I am doing an 6x6 album for my SIL and her lovely wee son James. (I am an Aunty for the second time) and have I have to have this album finished by next weekend so that it can hitch a ride on the way to the UK. Sooooooooo what am I doing on here you may ask?? Well its been a busy busy weekend and I feel I just need time to catch up LOL

Anyway, school hols are going ok. I took Jacob, Braden, Isobel and Jess to see Over the Hedge on Wednesday and they all enjoyed it. Although they might just have enjoyed the trip to McDs as much LOL Nic your boys are just gorgeous and so polite. Hope my girls behave as well for you this week. Great idea too BTW to do a swapsie LOL I might just get that album finished yet.

Friday Jess and I went to the new toy shop (the biggest one in NZ apparently) and it was cool. Wondered around for ages and had to take hubby back today so that he could have a good look. So much stuff!! Yesterday was open home again and then out to collect Isobel from mums. This morning we decided to take the girls to cars movie to escape the open home today. Funny thing is our local (20 mins away) cinema is a bit of a dive and after being there on Wednesday I swore that I would not go back again. Well the next day hubby comes home with vouchers for the same cinema!!!!! LOL Couldn't exactly say no to a free movie and popcorn. Anyway, about 20 minutes to go and they turn on the lights, turn off the 'big tv' and evacuate us all out the front. Turns out the popcorn machine that blew up when we were there on Wednesday wasn't fixed and had filled the cinema with smoke. Nothing like being thrown out into a freezing cold wind and bright sunlight after pitch black of the movie LOL Kids coped well and we were allowed back in about 15 minutes later (or we could stand in line for a refund). We figured we would watch the end of the movie then we wouldn't have to go back LOL So on the way out we are handed none other than four free tickets to any movie at the cinema!!!!!!!! OMG they are trying to suck us in again!!!!!!!!!!!

Then it was off to the farm to move the boys (read freekin big steers!!!) into the run to be collected by the steak man truck tomorrow. Imagine them running down a narrow fenced lane and me hiding behind a hedge with a long stick, ready to lift and shut the gate as they go past!! I have to say that big beast are not my thing LOL and the heart was racing when I heard the hooves. LOL But MIL had thought it through perfectly and it all happened without a hitch.

So thats week one of the school hols over. We have a repreive from open homes this weekend and it is DDs birthday so have said NO and please don't ring me on Sunday asking to bring anyone through LOL She has decided that she would like to take 3 friends to the local pools and then we are going to act grown up and take then all out for dinner at the local pizza joint. Should be fun!!

Oh and HUGE WOWSERS!!!!!!!!! to the wonderful Miss E (check out her link to the side). Her pics have been chosed by the one and only Heidi Swapp to scrap a page. (top 3 of 3000) So go to Evanas blog and link to Heidis and vote vote vote for our E. Her pics are awesome and Heidis page, well what can I say. Frame it dude when you get it back!!

happy hols

7 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Penny said...

Wow.... running with the "bulls" NZ style eh! :) Better you than me!

Perhaps the free tickets could go to the deserving poor ;)

 
At 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

about time you emerged from the *avoiding the house so purchasers will visit* strategy ... and gave an update!! lol
laughing at the steak run!
hope the birthday party goes well ... and your buyer arrives soon and makes a hugely satisfying (for you) offer.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

Good luck with that album tommorrow morning! Sending scappy vibes your way

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Roo said...

Yikes to going back to that cinema complex lol. Love the running of the bulls bit too

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Rach H said...

sounds like your holidays are filled with fun days!!!
Love hearing about your 'playing farmer for the day'!!!
Hey I'm not so hot myself on the farm.......I really just sleep with the farmer........LOL
so are you ready for some action at CC?.......plz help me get excited!!!
Rach

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Ruger said...

It's been 96 hours - minus 6 minus - actually since you blogged now, so really, you should get on over here and update us. OK ??

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Ruger said...

Well looky there - in fact it was exactly 96 hours by the time I actually got round to typing that comment .......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home