Thursday, October 12, 2006

Thank you Mr Power Line Man

Thank you so much for warning me that there would be NO power in my street from 9.00am this morning till 12.30-1.00pmish. Then again from 3.30 - 4.30ish this afternoon. Thank you so much for the notification that did not arrive in my letter box. Thanks again for being so nice on the phone and explaining that (even though you knew my name) you had sent the notification to the previous owners. Thank you Thank you Thank you I really appreciated that. Ah well. I didn't want to clean the house this morning anyway. Managed to get the truck out of the garage (OMG that was fun manually opening the door) and we went off to find a cafe with power and hot coffee. I must admit that I was a little worried that my computer may have been cooked or decided not to work again when the power came back on. Thankfully all is well.

Oh and one last big thank you to xtra for being down this morning (isn't it always broken at the moment?) so that I couldn't get my morning fix of emails and what has been happening in the outside world. NOT that I had power anyway LOL

Right guess I should go do that housework now that there is power. Gosh even with kids in the house it seemed really quiet. You just don't realise how much noise the fridge, fish tank filter, radio on low etc makes until there is complete silence.

4 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger Lynda said...

Hi Lucy, my first time commenting at your blog. Well done on 2 posts in one day!!

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Tracy said...

No problems (except for the emails) on this side of the reserve, lol, although I was our for a little while in the morning.
Two posts with a power cut as well, very impressed!

 
At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so I'm guessing you're not actually *very pleased* with Mr Power Line man ... despite being every so polite??? LOL
hope you managed to enjoy parts of the quiet day ... even though you weren't expecting it.

 
At 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, they did that recently to us too!!!!! Right on dinner time and the kids were grumpy and hungry and they were so blimmin annoying on the phone. Hope your day got better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home