Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Our little artist


Wow I am totally blown away by our youngest DD, Miss 2 3/4. She was doodling on the sketch board after dinner and there was a person!!!!!!!!!! Yep..........head, body, legs, arms, face and even hair!!!!!!!!! I just couldn't believe it. I didn't actually see her do it so just said, 'wow thats cool'. Then I asked her to draw me another one. She decided she would draw her sister. So with camera in hand (lol I'm a scrapper after all) I watched her draw her picture. Circle for a head, line from the head down then two legs, scribbly circle across the middle for the body and two lines either side for the arms. Two dots for eyes and a wiggly smiley face, and then the spikey hair!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic. She has been drawing for a long time and colours inbetween the lines in her colouring books, which I think is pretty cool, but this has just surprised me. I remember Isobel doing stick figures at Kindy when she was four. I guess it really helps to have an older sibling to watch and copy. They love to draw/colour in together. We even gave them canvas' to make their own pictures, which I will put up on the walls one day soon. Now if only I could work out how to put the pic on here.

3 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

that would make a great page Lucy, I saved a picture of the first time Jenna draw a proper looking person with the intrension of doing a LO... unfortunally I didn't take a photo of it and Jenna found out were I had stached it and cut it up into a million peices :o)
By the way there is a game of Tag going around, Nic taged Lianne, who tagged Ruth and Ruth taged me so I am now tagging you. Right down 5 things about yourself then tag someone else :o)

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger lucy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger nic said...

hehehe sorry about that tag thing!!
So glad you ar posting on your blog again!

nic

 

Post a Comment

<< Home