Thursday, August 25, 2005

Today was cake day

Cake day is our sons birthday. Every year I bake him a cake. He would have been 8 this year and I wonder what he would have been doing, what sports he would have played. I know that he would have been a little 'mini dad' LOL Thanks Nic for sharing the cake, sorry there was no cream with it LOL

It actually ended up being a rather busy day. First we had cake and then I had 'volunteered' (not sure how) to help at the school sausage sizzle. OMG it was also the interschools netball competition. We ended up cooking and serving 600 odd sausages, bread and tomato sauce - and drinks - to hungry students and netball players, in 1 1/2 hours. Man did I know where the muscles were in my back LOL. Then it was home for an hours peace and play with my youngest DD before back to school for pickup and a friend home to play. And a visit from my neighbour and her two girls. At one point there were 8 females in the house. Frightening!!!!!!!!! But they all played nicely and the afternoon dissapeared. Girls are now happily tucked up in bed, dreaming girly dreams. Oh yea! There was this amazing thunderstorm this afternoon. We were sitting outside in the sun playing with playdough, when we heard the thunder. I looked straight up and it was clear blue sky!!!!!!!!! The thunderstorm was out to the west of us and we could see it comming around the hill and all the way up the west coast. It lasted about 45 mins. Just amazing. I took some very cool photos too but have no idea how to put them onto here. I just love thunderstorms like that. The clouds are so very cool and different colours. Nature sure is beautiful.

3 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Blogger nic said...

Happy birthday Benn :o)
Thanks for sharing his cake with me Lucy.
Today turned out pretty cool really, the paint was the right colour, the GST balanced, the kids went to bed OK, I had visitors (which led to me cleaning my toilet, lol) and we had cake :o)

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger lianne said...

Hope Cake Day went well. Hugs.
Did you see the Puni School girls at the netball?
James was telling me about the thunderstorm - I hadn't even noticed it at work.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger nic said...

um lucy, UPDATE YOUR BLOG!
You have your daughters pic to share!
Ivisit everyday you know! update it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home